Latest Tweets @NIHforHealthLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @PurdueScienceLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @HopkinsMedicineLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @PHMRsectionLoading Tweets...
GET VIRTUAL HIGHLIGHTS ON SITE ARTICLESLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @CDCgovLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @MedicalCollegeLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @bbchealthLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets @GBCHealthLoading Tweets...
Latest Tweets@FDALoading Tweets...
- According to an article written by Toni Clarke, released this morning by Reuters, e-cigarettes may also be linked to respiratory and cardiovascular pr…
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) says in title I that genetic discrimination in health insurance is prohibited and in title II tha…
- [hiv test kits]http://www.hivaidstestkits.com/ [hiv test kits]
Calendar of Events
Molecular Science in the News
(For more information on the below articles, a subscription to the newspaper (and journal) may be required)
Friday April 18, 2014
Thursday April 17, 2014
Wednesday April 16, 2014
Tuesday April 15, 2014
Monday April 14, 2014
More Molecular Science in the News >
- CDC HEALTH ADVISORY (CDC HAN 0360 January 15, 2014): Human Infection with Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus
New Resources on MolecularHUB.org
- dbGaP: The database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP) was developed to archive and distribute the results of studies that have investigated the interaction of genotype and phenotype.
- Personal Genome Project UK: Personal Genome Project UK: Almost all current public data from PGP sites is from the Harvard site. As new sites grow we expect to share more data from around the world.
- Harvard PGP Data: In addition to whole genome sequencing, the Harvard PGP has a variety of donated genetic data (ranging from externally-performed genomes and exomes to direct-to-consumer genotyping).
- E-Bug: A place for children, teens, and adults to play games and learn about microbes.
- 100K Food Pathogen Project: In the Genome Project for Food Pathogens project, FDA has partnered with U.C. Davis and Agilent to map the DNA of 100,000 pathogen strains to stop foodborne illness outbreaks faster.
- Cellminer: CellMiner™ is a web application generated by the Genomics & Bioinformatics Group, LMP, CCR, NCI that facilitates systems biology through the retrieval and integration of the molecular and pharmacological data sets for the NCI-60 cell lines. The NCI-60, a panel of 60 diverse human cancer cell lines used by the Developmental Therapeutics Program of the U.S. National Cancer Institute to screen over 100,000 chemical compounds and natural products (since 1990)
- BAM files: Index of /projects/nci60/wes/BAMS/
- DTP Drug Screen: The In Vitro Cell Line Screening Project (IVCLSP) is a dedicated service providing direct support to the DTP anticancer drug discovery program.
- DTP Molecular Targets: Thousands of molecular targets have been measured in the NCI panel of 60 human tumor cell lines. Measurements include protein levels, RNA measurements, mutation status and enzyme activity levels. You can choose to search for a target of interest, or you may browse through a list of targets. Follow the links for a target to retrieve the 60 cell line data (either text or graphical), to run COMPARE (find Targets or Compounds whose patterns correlate with a Target of interest) and to link to various databases with information (function, sequences, disease associations) about the target
- Influenza Primer Design Resource: A program from Medical College of Wisconsin designed to aid researchers in translating the vast amounts of influenza sequence information into highly effective influenza diagnostics. IPDR consists of a database of all influenza nucleotide sequences and variety of bioinformatic analyses that aid in the development of primers and probes that can be used in diagnostic assays
Other Purdue News and Websites
- Oncological Sciences Center
- Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI): accelerating clinical and translational research in healthcare
- cceHUB.org: Cancer care engineering
- CatalyzeCare.org: Transforming healthcare delivery
- The Center for Global Research and Intervention in Infectious Disease (C-GRIID)
- nanoHUB.org: A resource for nanoscience and nanotechnology, nanoHUB.org was created by the NSF-funded Network for Computational Nanotechnology
- pharmaHUB.org: pharmaHUB was created as an NSF-funded Engineering Virtual Organization with a mission to facilitate collaborative creation and sharing of information, knowledge and modeling tools that support innovations in product and process development and manufacturing methodology for pharmaceutical products
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD.org) : CUAHD (Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities) is a collaboration between Purdue University, the Indiana Minority Health Coalition (IMHC), and the African American communities in Lake and Marion Counties of Indiana working to address the disparities in heart health in the African American community